Recipe by Lorac
Delightful mix of spinach, tender noodles and tuna baked with onions, mushroom soup and topped with Swiss cheese. Recipe from Chicken Of The Sea
Top Review by LeslieMG
Quite good! This one's a keeper. I only had about an ounce of sour cream on hand, but the recipe was still good. However, with the full 8 ounces I'm sure it will be even better. This is an easy one dish meal! I'm sure this would also be good with chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 4 ounces noodles or 4 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted,drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk light chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In medium saucepan cook onion in butter until transparent.
- Add soup, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, seasoned salt, thyme, dry mustard and pepper and mix well.
- Stir in noodles and spinach.
- Place half the noodle mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with tuna and half the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining noodle mixture and cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.