Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delightful mix of spinach, tender noodles and tuna baked with onions, mushroom soup and topped with Swiss cheese. Recipe from Chicken Of The Sea
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 4 ounces noodles or 4 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted,drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk light chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In medium saucepan cook onion in butter until transparent.
- Add soup, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, seasoned salt, thyme, dry mustard and pepper and mix well.
- Stir in noodles and spinach.
- Place half the noodle mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with tuna and half the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining noodle mixture and cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Quite good! This one's a keeper. I only had about an ounce of sour cream on hand, but the recipe was still good. However, with the full 8 ounces I'm sure it will be even better. This is an easy one dish meal! I'm sure this would also be good with chicken.
What a waste of my time! This green goop lacked sufficient noodles to hold together (I would double or triple the amount suggested if I were to make it again, which I'm not) I would have rated this recipe at less than one star (say ZERO stars or less) if I could. Never again!
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It is very tasty and filling. I couldn't find cream of mushroom soup, so used cream of potato instead. I sauteed some fresh mushrooms with the onion so as not to miss out on that flavor. The spinach especially was good, and I always feel virtuous when eating spinach. Thank you for the recipe.