Recipe by Happy Hippie
This is the recipe I use for my family and its always a hit. I use an equal amount of finely chopped hard boiled egg added to a can of tuna (I prefer the albacore tuna). For those who don't care for a strongish fish flavor in their tuna salad, this'll do it for you. It truely is awesome. Enjoy!
Top Review by linda.winkler
I prefer to use green onion including a bit of the green part for color. It's milder than red onion. Personally, I don't add mustard at all. Albacore tuna has such a mild taste I think mustard overwhelms the flavor of the tuna. And always Hellman's mayonnaise. I rarely add celery because it "weeps" into the tuna salad especially if you have any left-over.
- 6 ounces tuna, water packed
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onions, fineley chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise (moisten to suite your taste)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds (to taste) or 1 teaspoon celery salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Finely chop boiled eggs and add to tuna.
- Finely chop red onion (or onion of your choice) and add to tuna and egg.
- Using a fork or masher, combine these ingredients well.
- Add celery seed or celery salt.
- Add Mayo (or Miracle Whip).
- Add mustard.
- Mix everything well. Go easy on the seasoning and dressing. You can always add more to suit your taste.