Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe given to me at my wedding. Very good, but not all that different from many other tuna casseroles...hey, at least I'm honest. :)
- egg noodles, about 5 cups cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 cups broccoli or 2 cups peas
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- French-fried onions or crumbled tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients (except french fried onions or tortilla chips).
- Top with onions or chips.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Denise, This was great!!! I made it last week and I have made tuna casserole for many years,but never used cheese soup or broccoli in it before, Just had to give it a try,and I'm so glad I did.I really did enjoy this recipe.i used the broccoli and I did not have any french-fried onions or tortilla chips,so I used regular potato chips,and loved it. Thanks Denise! Darlene Summers
This was OK for us. As written we didn't think the cheddar cheese soup gave this much flavor. I ended up adding over a cup of cheddar cheese and a lot of pepper. Everyone ate it but I wouldn't make it again. We did not find it dry.
A great all-in-one meal. I used the broccoli. As I mixed everything together, I could see that this was going to be super dry, so I added another can of cheese soup and another 5 oz of evaporated milk. Also added salt and pepper. I opted to use the crushed tortilla chips (Doritos); I liked that. The result was a nice creamy and cheesey casserole. Thanx for posting. I'll make this again and continue to double the soup and the milk.