Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy alternative to burgers. This is a very easy recipe and quite tasty. You can mix this up ahead of time.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna in water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Drain tuna.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Heat pan on stove.
- Shape mixture into patties and cook on both sides until browned.
- (I make the bread crumbs in a food processor using fresh bread.) Also you could add finely chopped onion.
Yum! I substituted the 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder for 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar and the 1/4 teaspoon salt for 1/4 teaspoon light soy sauce for a more oriental taste. I got 6 smallish patties. Went down a storm, and I've already been asked to make them again! A must-try recipe!
I made a small batch like this and they were ok but I feel they needed to replace the Worcester with Soy Sauce, keep the mustard and add a half teaspoon of white pepper [or black but I prefer white] and i used panko flakes. The original recipe was good but it needed something extra :)
I am so sorry to say these did not work for me. They did not have much flavor, even though I used seasoned breadcrumbs from the gourmet store and seasoned salt in place of the regular. Also, they were dry and prone to falling apart, even with the addition of an extra egg as Barbara Polowetz suggested and some milk.