Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this in Kraft magazine, this is for those weeknights when you forgot to take dinner out. This is so fast and yet tastes great.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1 (6 ounce) box prepared stuffing, chicken flavored
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Mix the tuna, stuffing mix, cheese, carrots, dressing, relish and water in a bowl.
- cover the bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Scoop tuna mixture, using about 1/3 cup for each cake, into skillet in batches.
- Gently flatten cakes using a spatula.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until they're golden brown on both sides.
I first saw this in Kraft's What's Cooking magazine and I really like them. I don't normally make recipes that call for processed products like the box stuffing that is in this recipe but I'll be the first to admit that this recipe makes really great tuna cakes!! They are definitely a good weeknight meal served with a salad.