Recipe by kelly in TO
This is a low glycemic recipe. The tuna bean salad will keep in the fridge, covered for up to 1 day.
Lemon garlic dressing
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) canwater-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 6 cups arugula, washed, dried, and torn into bite size peices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing: combine the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Season with pepper.
- To make the salad: combine the beans, tuna, onion, rosemary, and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the lemon garlic dressing (save remaining dressing for the arugula)
- Toss well to coat.
- Just before serving, place the arugula in a large bowl.
- Add the reserved lemon garlic dressing and toss well.
- Divide the arugula mixture among 4 plates.
- Top with the tuna bean salad and garnish with cherry tomatoes.