Recipe by Joyd
This was my Dad's favorite meatloaf recipe. It came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. It was the first meal I ever made.
Top Review by loof
This is a wonderful classic meatloaf! The best thing about it was how moist it was - very tender, not dry at all and not greasy (I did drain off the fat before topping with the ketchup but that's to be expected for any meatloaf). Great comfort food - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml dry breadcrumbs or 236.59 ml soft breadcrumbs, can use about 1 1/2 slices of bread torn into small pieces
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Place in 9x5x3 loaf pan, ungreased.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- Top with ketchup.
- Return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately while warm.
- May be frozen. To serve after frozen: place foil wrapped loaf on oven rack at 350 for 50-60 minutes.