This was my Dad's favorite meatloaf recipe. It came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook. It was the first meal I ever made.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, can use about 1 1/2 slices of bread torn into small pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Place in 9x5x3 loaf pan, ungreased.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- Top with ketchup.
- Return to oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately while warm.
- May be frozen. To serve after frozen: place foil wrapped loaf on oven rack at 350 for 50-60 minutes.