Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. These are my favorite pancakes...so light and fluffy.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml cooking oil
- 0.25 ml salt
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix all of the ingredients til combined.
- Melt a little bit of butter in the pan.
- Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
- When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Cook the pancakes on the other side until they are also golden brown.
I can't believe I haven't rated these before. These are fantastic! My daughter loves them, wants them breakfast lunch and dinner! I usually make a double or triple batch and then freeze them. Take the out and microwave them for a few seconds on each side.
These pancakes hit the spot! I dunno if they taste like IHOP's, but nevertheless, they taste great. My family especially enjoys having these pancakes when we have breakfast for dinner. I never have buttermilk in the fridge, so I always use Buttermilk Substitution for Baking which works like a charm. Thanks.
I printed this recipe awhile ago & just made them this morning. These were great! I've used buttermilk before in waffles. These are light & fluffy just like everyone says.I actually use Buttermilk powder with water. There's only 2 of us and I don't use up the real buttermilk quick enough. Really easy to make too so I'm not buying pancake mix anymore.