Recipe by x0xMandYx0x
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. These are my favorite pancakes...so light and fluffy.
Top Review by smartblonde #2
I printed this recipe awhile ago & just made them this morning. These were great! I've used buttermilk before in waffles. These are light & fluffy just like everyone says.I actually use Buttermilk powder with water. There's only 2 of us and I don't use up the real buttermilk quick enough. Really easy to make too so I'm not buying pancake mix anymore.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix all of the ingredients til combined.
- Melt a little bit of butter in the pan.
- Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
- When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Cook the pancakes on the other side until they are also golden brown.