Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An autumn/winter companion with a warming quality. This is a basic version, feel free to experiment with different herbs or adding white wine to this nice soup.
- 300 g chestnuts (peeled and cooked)
- 2 -3 shallots (minced)
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- 250 ml cream (low cal is ok)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 truffle (white alba, small or 1tsp truffle oil)
- salt and pepper (pinch cayenne)
- Melt butter in a skillet and add minced shallots.
- Add chestnuts and let roast for a bit.
- Add vegetable broth and let cook until chestnuts are soft and heated through.
- Add cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree soup and strain through a sieve (if preferred).
- Transfer to 4 soup bowls and decorate/add flavour with the freshly grated alba truffle.