1/4 Photos of Truck Stop Gravy
Another golden oldie recipe from a handwritten recipe card from 1960. A simple combination of beef broth and mushroom soup. You can serve it with meatloaf or hamburger patties for hot hamburger sandwiches. Or just top some french fries for 'chips and gravy'. Or use it to make hot beef, hot chicken or turkey sandwiches with leftovers. Slice cooked meat, place on a slice of bread, pour gravy on top. Add seasonings to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Blend in flour. Cook for one or two minutes.
- 3Add broth and water gradually.
- 4Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5Add mushroom soup, stirring constantly, until fully blended.
- 6Lower heat and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truck Stop Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g