Recipe by foodtvfan
Another golden oldie recipe from a handwritten recipe card from 1960. A simple combination of beef broth and mushroom soup. You can serve it with meatloaf or hamburger patties for hot hamburger sandwiches. Or just top some french fries for 'chips and gravy'. Or use it to make hot beef, hot chicken or turkey sandwiches with leftovers. Slice cooked meat, place on a slice of bread, pour gravy on top. Add seasonings to taste.
Top Review by Nif
This is a great gravy! I will cut down on the broth a bit next time - we like gravy a bit thicker. This was great on rice with Recipe #330299 and a side of veggies. I like how versatile this recipe is, like others mentioned. You can add any veggies and it would really be good on any meat. Yum! Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks foodtvfan! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (19 ounce) can beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Blend in flour. Cook for one or two minutes.
- Add broth and water gradually.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom soup, stirring constantly, until fully blended.
- Lower heat and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.