Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tropical bundt cake, with pineapple and banana. This is a great cake for summertime, or when you need a lift during a cold winter!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 473.18 ml bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 414.03 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 29.58-44.37 ml orange juice
- Beat 2 cups of sugar and oil at the medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears. Add the crushed pineapple and vanilla, beating just until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; Stir well. Add to the oil mixture alternately with the mashed banana, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar and orange juice, adjusting the amount of orange juice to get the glaze you want. Stir well. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
I made this as a slab cake and it worked really well.It was easy to do in the food processor too. I reduced the sugar a little and we all loved it. It made a large, nice, moist cake and I frosted it with a cream cheese style frosting.
Tastes like banana bread! Mine was ready 8 minutes early. Just as easy to make as cake in the box!
Absolutely wonderful cake, this is! After following the recipe right on down, when I got to the glaze I added one thing ~ 2 teaspoons of finely minced orange zest! Other than that, thought, I wouldn't change a thing! Definitely a 5-STAR cake at the very least! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]