Recipe by breezermom
This is a tropical bundt cake, with pineapple and banana. This is a great cake for summertime, or when you need a lift during a cold winter!
Top Review by katew
I made this as a slab cake and it worked really well.It was easy to do in the food processor too. I reduced the sugar a little and we all loved it. It made a large, nice, moist cake and I frosted it with a cream cheese style frosting.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 2 cups of sugar and oil at the medium speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears. Add the crushed pineapple and vanilla, beating just until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; Stir well. Add to the oil mixture alternately with the mashed banana, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar and orange juice, adjusting the amount of orange juice to get the glaze you want. Stir well. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.