Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I ate this at a restaurant called INDiGO in St. Thomas, U.S Virgin Islands and it was the BEST burger I'd ever had! Absolutely wonderful! Since I didn't have much time, I used honey roasted peanuts instead of a peanut sauce, canned pineapple instead of fresh and guessed at the rest...kind of made it my own. They turned out so good that I just had to share them with you all. Eat these burgers at your next gathering and your guests will be raving!
- 1 lb hamburger (try a mix of 1/2lb of burger and 1/2lb of ground sausage...mmmm!)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (Kraft makes a blend like that. It's got monterey jack, cheddar and one or two others in it. Tasty to)
- salt and pepper, to taste (Any spices that you like, I prefer "Slap Ya Mama" - GREAT cajun spice! www.slapyamama.com)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesliced ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix first 6 ingredients well in a bowl with your hands, to make sure that it's really all mixed well, and then form into 4 burger patties.
- Mush a bunch (10-15) of the peanuts into each patty and then put them on the grill, peanut side down.
- When they are almost halfway done (depending on your heat, this could be anywhere from 2-4 minutes), flip'em and add a couple slices of ham, some cheddar and a slice of pineapple to each and let'em finish cooking.
- Take'em off the grill and add them, with lettuce and tomato, onto your buns with any mustard/ketchup/condiment you like and enjoy!
- Goofy sounding, but darn tasty!
- If you really have some time on your hands, you could make a peanut sauce instead of using honey roasted peanuts, but I'm just lazy and the peanuts worked out very well.
Those were AWESOME burgers! I made them and, at the tables, instead of endless fighting and arguing, my family continued fighting and arguing whilst enjoying de YUMMY burger me mades! ;-D