1/1 Photo of Tropical Breeze Cookies
6 hrs 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Crispy fruity cookies with a buttery texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped apricot
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- wax paper (optional)
- 1In an electric mixer, or by hand, cream together softened butter, and sugars until smooth.
- 2Add egg, vanilla, orange extract, mixing well.
- 3Chop apricots into raisin sized pieces or smaller, and dredge in flour in a small bowl (to prevent sticking together).
- 4Add flour, lemon zest, cashews, coconut , apricots (dredged in flour) and raisins.
- 5Mix together until a nice dough forms, but do not overmix.
- 6Divide dough into 2 parts, and place each part onto waxed paper.
- 7Using your hands, form each into a long log about 2-inches in diameter.
- 8Roll waxed paper up around dough, crimp ends and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 9The next day, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10Slice chilled dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds and either place on parchment on a cookie sheet or on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 13-15 minutes or until firm and golden around edges (time may vary with how thick or cold they are).
- 12Allow cookies to cook on sheet for 1-2 minutes before finishing cooling on a wire rack.
- 13Store cookies in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Breeze Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1020 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of