Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Crispy fruity cookies with a buttery texture.
Make and share this Tropical Breeze Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted salted cashews
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apricot
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- wax paper (optional)
- In an electric mixer, or by hand, cream together softened butter, and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla, orange extract, mixing well.
- Chop apricots into raisin sized pieces or smaller, and dredge in flour in a small bowl (to prevent sticking together).
- Add flour, lemon zest, cashews, coconut , apricots (dredged in flour) and raisins.
- Mix together until a nice dough forms, but do not overmix.
- Divide dough into 2 parts, and place each part onto waxed paper.
- Using your hands, form each into a long log about 2-inches in diameter.
- Roll waxed paper up around dough, crimp ends and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice chilled dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds and either place on parchment on a cookie sheet or on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until firm and golden around edges (time may vary with how thick or cold they are).
- Allow cookies to cook on sheet for 1-2 minutes before finishing cooling on a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Made a half batch which yielded 22 cookies though a little thicker than the 1/4" (used a bread knife but had to cut a little thicker as they were crumbling - had rolled into a rectangular log shape (as against a round one)). Took 15 minutes the bake at 175C in a fan forced oven. Also used a sultana and apricot mix instead of raisins. Took to the DS's music recreation group and it was yummies all round. Thank you Lorie. Made for Please Review My Recipe.