Recipe by Jellyqueen
I love ambrosia of all kinds. This one I got out of a magazine. I love the toasted coconut, it just give it another level of taste. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by MxL
Really didn't like the soggy nature of this ambrosia. I prefer the fluffier whipped versions and I thought the pudding and cream made it very heavy and hard to eat -- too rich and heavy for a fruit salad type desert.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packageinstant coconut cream or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- maraschino cherry, optional for garnish
- cherry juice, optional for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream.
- In seperate bowl, combine pineapple juice and pudding mix and beat on low, or hand whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Stir in pineapple and 3 Tablespoons of the toasted coconut.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining Tablespoon of toasted coconut, cherries and cherry juice.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.