Recipe by Beth Powell
This recipe was given to me by a dear family friend. It may take a little effort, but it is well worth it.
- 5 lbs potatoes (leave skin on)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- pickle juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes with the skins on until tender.
- Cool potatoes, then peel the skins off.
- Cut potatoes into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with the other ingredients.
- Mix 1/2 cup of Mayo with the bread-n-butter pickle juice until runny.
- Pour over the potato salad.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.