1/2 Photos of Triple Yum! Banana Cake
This is such a wonderful cake! Moist and a wonderful banana flavor that is perfectly coupled with the cream cheese frosting. Not too sweet, not overpowering and perfects with time. This makes a VERY impressive 3 layer cake! I used 100 proof Banana Liqueur. My three layers were done at about 25 minutes. Plan to make the cake one day in advance and store covered in refrigerator overnight for the best results. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml ripe bananas, mashed
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml banana liqueur or 9.85 ml Amaretto or 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 300°.
- 2Grease and dust cake pans with flour.
- 3Combine bananas with lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5In a large mixing bowl or kitchen mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and the liqueur.
- 6Slowly add flour alternating with the buttermilk. Stir in bananas.
- 73 layers; 2 cups of batter per pan - 2 layers; 3 cups of batter per pan - or you can use bundt pan or 9 x 13 cake pan. Check cake with knife to determine when it is done at about 25 minutes (my three layers were done in 25 minutes but if you are making two layers your time will most likely increase).
- 8Meanwhile make the frosting: Cream butter and cream cheese and add vanilla. Add confectioners sugar a little at a time and mix at high speed until smooth.
- 9Cool completely then frost.
- 10Place chopped pecans around side of cake to hide imperfections in layers or add to top.
- 11Cover and place in refrigerator. Can be eaten right away. Best served the next day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Yum! Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 224.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: