Recipe by Melanie2590
I discovered this pie when it was only a single chocolate fudge pie. I have made a few changes to it, and now it is a super-easy dessert of triple chocolatey deliciousness.
Top Review by A.S.K.
I made 2 of these pies for.Christmas this year. It was loved by all. The pie was so thick and rich that it could easily serve 10 to 12. I followed the recipe almost exactly. I used mini chocolate chips, and topped with mini m&ms just to make it look a little more festive. Thank you for posting!
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (i use mini semi-sweet morsels)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's hot fudge
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pie shell for 1/2 the baking time directed on package instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature as you prepare the rest of the pie.
- Blend sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt together in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in evaporated milk, then eggs.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly into the bottom of the pie crust. Stir chocolate pie mixture and pour on top of chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325F for 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes.
- Spoon hot fudge over pie and carefully spread until even.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Yum!