Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I discovered this pie when it was only a single chocolate fudge pie. I have made a few changes to it, and now it is a super-easy dessert of triple chocolatey deliciousness.
- Bake pie shell for 1/2 the baking time directed on package instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature as you prepare the rest of the pie.
- Blend sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt together in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in evaporated milk, then eggs.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly into the bottom of the pie crust. Stir chocolate pie mixture and pour on top of chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325F for 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes.
- Spoon hot fudge over pie and carefully spread until even.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Yum!
I made 2 of these pies for.Christmas this year. It was loved by all. The pie was so thick and rich that it could easily serve 10 to 12. I followed the recipe almost exactly. I used mini chocolate chips, and topped with mini m&ms just to make it look a little more festive. Thank you for posting!
after making this, i realize what has been missing from my life all these years! i used a homemade pie crust and topped it with redi-whip. next time i will make sure i have cream in the house because the stuff in a can did not do this pic justice. i did use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and will use them again the next time i make this very nice pie. thanks for posting, melanie!
YUM! this was surprisingly easy. i made this with Easy As Pie No Roll Pie Crust and it was divine. a friend of mine described this as "death by chocolate". i wished i could take credit for this when i made it because of the way everyone raved about it. i made this with regular-sized milk chocolate chips because it's all i had, but next time i will make it with semi-sweet. oh yes, there will definitely be a next time.