Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
WARNING: This recipe might cause you not to share this dessert! This is a recipe worthy of any of the restaurants in Louisianna off of Bourbon Street. Personally I'm not a big fan of bread pudding, but this recipe tastes sinful, I LOVE it!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces French bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 day old, not fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate sauce
- 4 -6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat cream, sugar, and milk until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Add 6 oz. of chocolate, stirring with a wire whisk and remove from heat. Keep stirring until mixture is smooth and chocolate melts completely.
- Gradually in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Place bread in shallow 1 1/2 quart or 8 x 8 glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour chocolate mixture over bread and mix it together.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle rest of chocolate chips on top of bread mixture.
- Bake at 300, uncovered, 40 - 45 minutes until set.
- Cool 10 minutes to serve warm, or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.
- FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE.
- In a small sauce pan, heat cream and white chocolate chips together. Stir over med-low heat constantly stirring until chips are all melted.
- Serve over bread pudding.
This was amazing.. totally rich and totally bad for you but completely worth it.. thank you for posting this.. I am picky about my desserts and this was exactly what I was looking for.