Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding
photo by La Dilettante
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 6 ounces stale French bread
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup usweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tear the bread into chunks approximately 1 inch square.
- Toss them in a bowl with the melted butter, walnuts, and chocolate chunks.
- Spread the mixture in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish.
- Beat the eggs slightly.
- Beat in the sugar, cocoa, salt, chocolate milk, and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture over the bread.
- Let it stand for at least 1/2 hour.
- With a broad spatula, occasionally push the bread down into the liquid as it soaks.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the pudding is puffed and just set.
- Rush it to the table and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
HOLY COW! YOOPER! This is heavenly! I loved it,... i loved it more than I can express lol. It puffed up nicely, and was just delicious with whipped cream. I didnt bother with the ice cream... this was just superb with the whipped cream. I will be making this for guests whenever I have any LOL :-) Thanks for this FANTABULOUS recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
What can I say about myself that hasn't already been mentioned in the police reports? Just kidding! I'm a single guy who loves to cook! Good thing, or I'd starve or go broke eating out! I love to read, horror and mysteries are my favorite. Love music, (except rap) and I'm a huge Green Bay Packer Fan!