WARNING: This recipe might cause you not to share this dessert! This is a recipe worthy of any of the restaurants in Louisianna off of Bourbon Street. Personally I'm not a big fan of bread pudding, but this recipe tastes sinful, I LOVE it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces French bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (1 day old, not fresh)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate sauce
- 4 -6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat cream, sugar, and milk until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add 6 oz. of chocolate, stirring with a wire whisk and remove from heat. Keep stirring until mixture is smooth and chocolate melts completely.
- 3Gradually in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- 4Place bread in shallow 1 1/2 quart or 8 x 8 glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour chocolate mixture over bread and mix it together.
- 5Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Sprinkle rest of chocolate chips on top of bread mixture.
- 7Bake at 300, uncovered, 40 - 45 minutes until set.
- 8Cool 10 minutes to serve warm, or cover and refrigerate to serve cold later.
- 9FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE.
- 10In a small sauce pan, heat cream and white chocolate chips together. Stir over med-low heat constantly stirring until chips are all melted.
- 11Serve over bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding (White Chocolate Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.2
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.8 mg
- Sodium 199.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g