Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe that I found in a Sun-Maid Raisin booklet and keep losing the book. When it finally turned up, I decided that I needed to post the recipe. This makes a great summer time salad. It travels making it great for potlucks.
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small dish and whisk to blend well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, add salt and pepper to taste, toss and serve.
Very nice salad! The jicama & raisins blended well with the other veggies, I thought! Although I mixed up all the ingredients for the dressing, I ended up using only about 3/4 of what I made, but that's my personal preference showing! Thanks for a great tasting salad! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]