Barley Medley Salad
This is a nice fresh, healthy, salad. A nice change from green, rice and pasta salads. It's even better the next day.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers (about 1/2 of a large cuc)
- 3 green onions
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper
- Simmer barley in broth about 40 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.
- Let cool
- Peel, slice, seed and dice cucumber (so they are about the same size as the garbanzos).
- Slice green onions.
- Finely chop rosemary.
- Toss everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 6 1-cup servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION