Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
A summertime treat.
- 1 1⁄2 pints strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 small packaged shortcakes, cut into cubes
- In a food processor, puree 2 cups strawberries, granulated sugar, and 1 Tbsp of the orange liqueur until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Slice remaining strawberries. Stir sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries into strawberry puree.
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate in microwave. Let cool slightly. Fold in mascarpone cheese. In a medium bowl, whip cream and confectioners’ sugar just until stiff. Fold cream into chocolate mixture, just until combined.
- Place half of sponge cake cubes into 6 glasses or dishes. Sprinkle with half of remaining 1 Tbsp of the orange liqueur. Spoon half of berry mixture over cake. Top with half of cream mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat with remaining cake, liqueur, berries and cream.
- Serve, or cover and refrigerate 1 hour, or overnight. Garnish each with a strawberry.