Chef #208121's Note:
Original recipe was from the Star Trek Cookbook back in the 70s. As Philocrates says One starts to understand why Kirk was so upset when the Tribbles ate his sandwich. It is a Chicken and Beef Reuben style. Due to the way it it written, the recipe for the sandwich and a recipe for coleslaw, the nutrition for one sandwich is not correct. The Coleslaw recipe makes more than a single serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 piece chicken (per sandwich)
- 1 ounce swiss cheese
- 1 ounce corned beef
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Coleslaw (amount to taste)
Coleslaw for Tribble Chicken Salad
- 1Cook chicken by bringing to boil then simmer until done.
- 2Make Coleslaw.
- 3Put swiss and beef on bread.
- 4Remove meat from chicken bones and spread over corn beef.
- 5Sprinkle with salt.
- 6Add coleslaw then cut and serve with pickle.
- 7Coleslaw: Mix all adding mayo and juice to taste.
- 8NOTE: the original recipe called for 1/4 slice of green onion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tribble Chicken Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.2
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 1511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g