Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Original recipe was from the Star Trek Cookbook back in the 70s. As Philocrates says One starts to understand why Kirk was so upset when the Tribbles ate his sandwich. It is a Chicken and Beef Reuben style. Due to the way it it written, the recipe for the sandwich and a recipe for coleslaw, the nutrition for one sandwich is not correct. The Coleslaw recipe makes more than a single serving.
- 1 piece chicken (per sandwich)
- 1 ounce swiss cheese
- 1 ounce corned beef
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Coleslaw (amount to taste)
Coleslaw for Tribble Chicken Salad
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 ounces shredded carrots (approx)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- Cook chicken by bringing to boil then simmer until done.
- Make Coleslaw.
- Put swiss and beef on bread.
- Remove meat from chicken bones and spread over corn beef.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add coleslaw then cut and serve with pickle.
- Coleslaw: Mix all adding mayo and juice to taste.
- NOTE: the original recipe called for 1/4 slice of green onion.
a star trek cookbook lucky you i cant believe this hasnt been rated yet its very good thanks for posting dee