Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
sure to impress everyone at the table!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- pan juices
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon browning sauce
- score steak on one side.coat both sides with flour --
- place in a skillet with oil -- heat until browned.turning to brown both sides.
- season with salt and pepper -- add bouillon, water, parsley, sugar and thyme.
- cover and simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours or until beef is tender.
- serve with steak gravy.
- to prepare STEAK GRAVY:.
- add water to pan juices to equal a total of 1 1/4 cups liquid, return to skillet and set aside.
- whisk flour and 1/2 cup water together until smooth.gradually pour into pan juices, heating over low heat.
- add browning sauce.
- stir and heat until thick and bubbly.