Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the recipe my mom adapted to my dad's taste, since he loved pumpkin pie and she hates it. My family and I all love it, I make it several times a year, sometimes without a crust and then I eat it for breakfast.
- 2 cups pumpkin, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk or 1 3⁄4 cups fresh milk
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9-inch
- Beat all ingredients together with rotary beater or whisk.
- Pour into pastry lined pan with high fluted edges. (For crispness, have bottom crust little thicker than 1/2-inch.).
- Bake at 400* about 45-55 minutes or just until a silver knife inserted into side of filling comes out clean.
- The center may still look soft, but will set later.
- Serve slightly warm, or cold.
This pie is excellent! And great for breakfast too.