Gumboot Gourmet's Note:
This cool rich creamy sauce is the perfect accompaniment for my warm Christmas Carrot Pudding. This is a very old English sauce. It will last refrigerated for a couple of days. It is also very, very good on warm mince tarts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs & sugar till thick & lemon coloured in the top of a double boiler. (I use a small stainless bowl sitting on top of a small saucepan).
- 2Stir in flour, salt & 2 Tbsp of unwhipped cream.
- 3Cook over simmering water, add butter stirring constantly about 10 minutes or until butter melts & sauce thickens.
- 4Remove from heat, add brandy, cover & chill.
- 5Up to this point it can be made ahead & left in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 6Whip remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- 7Fold into chilled egg mixture.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Eggnog Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 92.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g