Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this recipe because it is quick and easy, and my kids love it. Those are the three requirements I look for in most recipes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (cheddar works well)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onions, chopped or 3 -5 green onions
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (or any amount desired)
- In large skillet, brown ground beef; drain well.
- Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce, chilies and hot pepper sauce; heat until hot and bubbly.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Lightly grease 9 or 10-inch pie plate.
- Separate rolls or biscuits; arrange pan.
- Press over bottom and up sides to form curst.
- Spread beans over dough; top with meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Sprinkle immediately with cheese.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato and onion.
I love this recipe. We make it so often. I have no clue what "tostada grande" means, but it sure is good.