This recipe makes enough for your kids party, sleepover, or scout meeting. It's easily halved for family suppers.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 6-inch corn tortillas or 32 flour tortillas
- 8 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Saute beef onion and green pepper until beef is done.
- Drain fat.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato paste and water, stir well, add salsa.
- Stir into the meat.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and seasoning packet.
- Stir well.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Put tortillas on baking sheets.
- Spread 1/4 cup filling in center of each tortilla.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375* for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melted.
I made these last night and both my son and I enjoyed them. I really don't like the thought of "rating" someone's recipe so I didn't use the star scale, but I would say these are a little above average. I used ground turkey instead of beef and doubled the amount of meat called for. It made plenty of pizzas- we ate three each and still had a plate full left over to eat later. (I halved the recipe). The meat mixture was dee-lish. The corn tortillas weren't quite as crunchy as I'd have liked, except around the edges. The only thing I'd do differently would be to add about 1/4 cup of corn in the meat mixture, and some sour cream on top. But I'd make them again.
I had selected about 8 individual type pizza recipes for the kids at my daughter's birthday/slumber party to choose from and this was it! They wanted a little more variation in the selections of meat though than just burger. Some didn't want burger at all. I browned the burger as directed, but warmed the sauce separately. Then I gave the kids all choices between burger, canadian bacon and pepperoni and a choice between cheddar/mozarella or mozarella cheese on top. Everyone thought these were fabulous! They were quick and easy as well as being a big hit with the teens and had the flexibility to accommodate varying preferences. Thank you for sharing this recipe Inez!!!
This was very tasty and I will most likely make it again. However it was a bit soggy in the middle even though the edges were crisp. Thank you for sharing.