Recipe by twinsplusonemom
Quick and hearty soup that you can change to fit the ingredients you have in the fridge. I've used refrigerated pasta, but it tends to bust open, so use the dried. Also, the original recipe called for zucchini instead of the peas, but they became so wilted I substituted. Feel free to try your own variations.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced sausage (polska kielbasa or my favorite "Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage")
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 cans condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounces uncooked tortellini (dried or frozen)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion in 4 quart pot until sausage is light brown (don't overcook), drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except peas and cheese.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until tortellini is tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Add peas, continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.