Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a hearty cheese tortellini soup. It is great as a main meal. Utilize all organic and naturally raised humanly treated meat to bring out the full flavors of the soup. The design of this recipe is for the Ninja 3 in 1 crock pot, but can also be made with a large sauce pain and skillet. Preparation time set to coincide with the Ninja. Also assumes that the mushrooms and garlic will be prepped and added, while the both is reaching its boiling point.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (one long continuous link)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms or 1 1⁄2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) packageprepared cheese tortellini
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Turn Ninja 3 in 1 Crock Pot on Stove Top High, add water & sausage. Cover & brown sausage on both sides. Remove and cut into small coin slices. Add slices back to crock pot, cook and stir regularly.
- Once sausage looks cooked add vegetable broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, cover and bring to a boil.
- Leave uncovered, add tortellini and pepper to pot. Boil for 6-8 minutes.
- While the tortellini is cooking tear spinach into bit sized pieces and place into pot.
- Cover and turn to buffet setting. Ready to serve.