Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast, easy and good. Recipe by Giada De Laurentis, host of Everyday Italian. I make this whenever I need a quick and light dinner or lunch. Great with crusty bread and a caesar salad.
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Season the broth with pepper, to taste. Add the tortellini. Simmer over medium heat until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Ladle the broth and tortellini into soup bowls.
This is so quick, easy, and tasty. It's no effort at all! I went for a small version, 2 cups of broth, 1 cup (1/2 package) tortellini. Thanks to much for posting. Update: I love to add sauteed mushrooms, green onion, and garlic to this soup, and occasionally I can find fresh tiny raviolis, which are fun.
Decent start to a soup. I added mixed vegetables, curry powder, and a mixed up spice blend to boost the flavor while maintaining low sodium levels.
This is great for the kids (who would give it 5 stars). My husband and I would have liked some more "stuff" in it (like the dreaded celery and carrot)-- but would then have to fight the kids to eat it. I did use some shakes of italian seasoning for a little boost. Served with Sweet Ham Buns on the side.