Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a local recipe and have not had a chance to try it out yet.
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook tortellini until just tender, drain, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat, add onion, garlic and mushrooms, and stir until vegetables soften and most of the mushroom liquid evaporates, 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on top; stir 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, whisking rapidly, then add half-and-half and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Add the wine, season with pepper, reduce the heat slightly, and whisk until sauce is smooth, 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add bleu cheese, and stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Add the sauce and olives to pasta, toss until blended, and scrape into the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top and bake till bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Absolutely wonderful and decadent!! Yum!! Small portions make this reasonable to eat, with a side salad. Definite keeper for us, thanks for sharing.