Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I adapted this from a magazine. It is a really nice vegetarian main and has a lovely combination of flavours
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin or 1 kg squash, peeled seeded and chopped into roughly 2 cm square pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (375 g) packet spinach and ricotta tortellini (I prefer spinach and cheese, but whatever you choose will work)
- 150 ml light cream
- 200 g bocconcini, halved
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- sage leaf (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place pumpkin, sage, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a gratin dish.
- Toss to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Combine with the pumpkin and remaining ingredients in gratin dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until it is all bubbly.
- Serve garnished with sage leaves.