Recipe by Calamity Jane
This recipe is from a magazine. I love it, because it is a dump recipe, very easy.
Top Review by midnightmama
Easy, beautiful, and really really yummy. I used beef/pork tortellini and added granulated garlic to Italian style breadcrumbs. Although I doubled the recipe, I did not double the amount of water.
- 2 (10 ounce) containers alfredo sauce, refrigerated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini, refrigerated
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of water and pepper.
- Pour 1 cup sauce mixture into bottom of 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Arrange half the tortellini (uncooked) in a single layer over sauce.
- Sprinkle with broccoli.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over top.
- Repeat layering remaining tortellini and remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- In small bowl, stir together bread crumbs and olive oil until evenly coated. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Place casserole under broiler about 4 inches from heat until crumbs are golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.