Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love soups and this one is great!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups meat-filled tortellini or 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional) or pecorino romano cheese (optional)
- Thinly slice the garlic clove lengthwise, then cut the slices in slivers.
- Combine the broth with the garlic in a small saucepan.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the tortellini, broccoli and carrot, and cook a few minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese if you like.
Another easy to prepare and delicious soup. I used cheese tortellini and cut the amount down a bit, adding extra broccoli to make up the difference (trying to cut down on non fruit/veggie carbs a bit). Next time, I will probably saute some onion and add that, for a little extra flavor and because I love onion. Thanks for a keeper!
This soup was a great,low cal. soup. Hitting the spot on a cold winter night. I also tried it with ravioli instead of tortillini and it was yummy...Thanks!