Bren in LR's Note:
This is from Cottage Living and is yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 tsp crumbled dried rosemary)
- 12 ounces tortellini (fresh meat or cheese filled)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (or prepared pesto)
- 1Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
- 3Stir in broth and rosemary and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- 4Add pasta, stirring to blend, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes more.
- 5Add spinach, salt and papper. Simmer, stirring often, 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and pasta is just tender.
- 6Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese or stir in a spoonful of pesto.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortellini and Tomato Soup With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 660.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.7 g