Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Cottage Living and is yummy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 tsp crumbled dried rosemary)
- 12 ounces tortellini (fresh meat or cheese filled)
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (or prepared pesto)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and rosemary and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, stirring to blend, and simmer 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Add spinach, salt and papper. Simmer, stirring often, 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted and pasta is just tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese or stir in a spoonful of pesto.
Delicious soup for a cool and rainy day. Made this for Fall PAC 2012 and so glad I did. I cut the recipe in half, added a pinch of sugar and followed the rest of the instructions. Definately one to make again and again. DH would like to have meat tortellini instead of cheese next time. Thank you for posting.