- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, finely diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated tortellini
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach thoroughly and tear into pieces.
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium high heat. Add bacon, if desired, cooking until lightly browned. Add garlic and onion and cook until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer just until tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper to taste and beans. Heat until warmed through.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.