I've got this recipe of my sister-in-law. I just love the combination of pasta, spinach cheese and tomatoes. Served with crusty bread and a fresh salad (plus a few bottles of red wine), it's perfect if you have a few friends round for dinner and don't want anything too formal!
- 500 g fresh tortellini (filling of your choice, 1 lb)
- 4 -5 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 600 g frozen spinach (1 1/3 lb)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100 -150 g feta cheese, cut into chunks (4oz)
- 200 g grated cheese (7 oz)
- 500 ml sour cream (2cups)
- 250 ml single cream (1 cup)
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- Cook the tortellini in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, drain and put in a big oven proof dish.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Defrost the spinach, squeeze out most of the excess water and add the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the pasta and tomatoes, mix well.
- Top with feta cheese.
- In a bowl mix the soured cream and single cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (don't hold back).
- Add the grated cheese and pour over the dish, make sure it mixes with the rest of the ingredients and doesn't just sit on top.
- Preheat the oven (200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6) and bake for 20-30 minutes.