Recipe by Finicky
This is an Italian holiday classic, but it's one that I will make all year. The sun-dried tomatoes supply a tangy sensation that complements the milder flavors of the quiche very well.
- 1 (15 ounce) packagedeep-dish refrigerated all-ready pie crusts
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425. You can use the piecrust pan provided, or place one crust in a 9-inh pie pan for better presentation. Leave the other piecrust out to thaw.
- Lightly beat 1 egg; brush half the egg over bottom of crust and set the rest aside to use later on the top of the crust.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining eggs, ricotta, Asiago, and Parmesan cheese and basix; mix until well blended.
- Stir in spinach, bread crumbs and tomatoes.
- Scrape mixture into prepared piecrust; smooth top to make and even layer.
- Place second piecrust over filling.
- Brush remaining egg over the top.
- Flute edge and seal.
- Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375; bake 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes before serving.