Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Mom has had this recipe for many years, she found it in a Bisquick cookbook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe black olives
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown meat in oil, add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until meat is browned and onion is transparent.
- Add rest of meat filling ingredients and mix well, and pour into a 9" pie pan.
- Mix topping, beat about 20 times, then knead 8-10 times to smooth dough.
- Roll out to fit pie pan.
- Place on meat mixture and make slits on top in the dough.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1-2 minutes, and then invert over serving dish and cut into wedges.