This is a version of the famous Wendy's chili and it tastes just like it! This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 822.13 g can tomato sauce
- 822.13 g can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 822.13 g can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 236.59 ml diced onion (, 1 medium onion)
- 118.29 ml diced green chili pepper (, 2 chilies)
- 59.14 ml diced celery (, 1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 9.85-14.78 ml cumin powder
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off the fat.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.