Recipe by avalontwilightdesigns
I got this from another site that told a story of how the author's mom always made a bowl of this extra for the kids when they had a party and they would get to sit at the top of the stairs and eat it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped clams, drained and juice reserved
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 scallion (white and tender green parts)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the reserved clam juice, and the garlic, scallion, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, and anchovy paste until smooth. Fold in the clams, stirring to blend.
- Diva Do-Ahead: At this point, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 8 hours to let the flavors develop.
- Remove the dip from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. If it is a bit stiff, thin it with a little more of the clam juice or some milk, and garnish with parsley.