Recipe by Chef Regina V. Smith
This recipe is from the Edith Adams column in the Vancouver Sun. This is fabulous on fresh tomatoes from your garden. The dressing must be made at least one hour in advance of serving in order to allow the flavours to develop.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup watercress, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spinach, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup danish blue cheese, crumbed
- sliced tomatoes
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, dill weed and garlic. Fold in onion, watercress, spinach, parsley and blue cheese. Cover and chill the dressing for at least one hour.
- To serve, arrange sliced tomatoes on lettuce leaves and top with dressing.