Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from Ricardo. It takes only 30 minutes. Perfect for the Holidays
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded, diced (around 3 tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 slices baguette, toasted, cut in 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, feta, olives, chive and oil. Add salt and pepper.
- Brush toasted slices of baguette with olive oil. Spread the topping on the slices. And it's ready to serve.
Really yummy. I used Roasted Garlic Ciabatta and it was wonderful! My chives looked kind of wilty, so I used sliced green onions. I really enjoyed this treat. Thanks for posting Boomie! Made for 123 Hits Tag.
This is one fabulous treat, and another great recipe Boomette posted. This was so fast, and easy, and made even better by having all ingredients right on hand. I followed this glorious recipe right to a tee, except after toasting the bread, I rubbed a half clove of garlic right into the bread. Added the olive oil, and doused the wonderful feta, tomatoes, olives and fresh chives. A wonderful exploration of tastes and delicious-iness all into one amazing bite. Thank you for posting this recipe, Boomette. One of my top 20 recipes of 2009. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* March 2009
This was delicious. I served it at a party tonight and it disappeared quickly. I didn't have fresh chives so I seasoned with a bit of oregano instead. It was my first time making bruschetta...I thought I was supposed to put it back in the oven with the toppings, but my friends stopped me. :)