Recipe by Missy Wombat
I haven't yet tried this but I will soon as I have all the ingredients. It caught my eye as being potentially crockpot suitable.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 15 dried curry leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bulbous ends lightly mashed
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 900 g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cumin seeds and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the potato, onion, celery, curry leaves, lemongrass and chilli.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Remove the lemon grass and curry leaves.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Strain and reheat to serve.