3 hrs 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
An old recipe for tomato soup. For canning, check the Ball canning book for more up to date times for canning. Looks good although it called for 1/2 cup salt, I changed to 3 tablespoons because that seemed excessive to me. Feel free to add more if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook all vegetables together.
- 2When done, sieve until like a smooth paste.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and cook until thick.
- 4Seal in glass jars while hot.
- 5I would process in pressure cooker myself for about 90 minutes.
- 6I'm guessing this to be safe however, it may be less time.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Soup for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (4399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 2281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g