Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An old recipe for tomato soup. For canning, check the Ball canning book for more up to date times for canning. Looks good although it called for 1/2 cup salt, I changed to 3 tablespoons because that seemed excessive to me. Feel free to add more if you wish.
- Cook all vegetables together.
- When done, sieve until like a smooth paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until thick.
- Seal in glass jars while hot.
- I would process in pressure cooker myself for about 90 minutes.
- I'm guessing this to be safe however, it may be less time.
Please do not use this recipe if you are going to can it... Using canners or hot water baths is no place for guessing games. It is very important to follow tested recipes as the interior of the jarred fruit or vegetable has to reach at least 155 for a proper period of time dependent on what you are cooking. Salt is also used in canning recipes as a preservative and does effect the temperature of the interior of the jar. OVER PROCESSING IS AS BAD AS UNDER PROCESSING!!! DO NOT DO IT